Independence Day is around the corner! Decorate your home with this red and blue felt banner.
This project is designed for Cricut machines.
Whether you’re hosting a party, or you just want to decorate your place for the occasion, this banner is easy and fun to make, and can be reused every year. If you are using a Cricut machine, it will be very easy and only requires little assembly.
Each banner is about 5×6.5 inches, with a total of 11 banners.
Get the pattern HERE (PDF and SVG).
You will need:
- Felt in blue and red (about 6 sheets of each, depending on the size of your felt)
- Embroidery floss in blue and red
- Embroidery needle
- Blade if you are cutting by hand
- Gather your materials.
- Cut the shapes according to the pattern. Follow the instructions of your Cricut machine.
- Sew a banner. Match a letter banner with a solid banner. If the letter banner is blue, the solid banner in the background should be red, and vice versa. Sew them together with a blanket stitch along the top edge only, using embroidery floss that matches the color of the front banner.
- Repeat with all banners. Some banners have stars to be added to the design, such as the letters A and P. The letter O has a circle to be added. To do so, after sewing the banners together, place the star/circle on the banner and whipstitch it on the background banner, using embroidery floss that matches the color of the star/circle.
- Hang the banners. Once all your banners are ready, slip a twine in between the layers, so the banners can hang from it. You can place all letters on one long twine, do two separate lines, or one for each word.
Your banner is ready to be hung!
I hope you had fun creating this banner. Happy Independence Day! Have fun!
Find more projects in the blog.