Summer is here! It is time for some fun and colorful crafts!
This summer, I wanted to create something a little different, and I had never tried out making jewelry with felt so I challenged myself. With the vibrant colors of bamboo felt, I was able to create some beautiful pieces that really stand out! I am very excited to present a pair of earrings today, that are SUPER EASY to make. It is only requires basic jewelry tools and pieces, and your two favorite colors of felt. Best part? I am offering you a FREE PDF and SVG Pattern for this project, so enjoy and make a few in different colors!
By the way, you can use other types of felt for this project, but I like the bamboo felt for its earth-friendly properties and it is stronger and softer than wool felt.
For this project, you need:
- One color of felt of your choice
- Embroidery floss matching the felt
- Glass beads
- One small jump ring
- One fishhook
- Thin embroidery needle
- Flat-nose pliers
Let’s get started!
- Gather your materials and download the pattern (PDF / SVG).
- Cut 4 tropical leaf shapes according to pattern. Follow your Cricut machine instructions if you use the SVG file. If you use the PDF pattern and need advice, check the Tips page.
- Sew the front and back pieces together and insert beads. Place two tropical leaf shapes together back-to-back (with the edges aligning), blanket stitch both shapes together, using embroidery floss matching the felt, and insert 2 or 3 glass beads in between each stitches (watch the video tutorial for visual aid). At the top of the leaf, insert the jump ring in your stitches. Continue your blanket stitches with the beads until you went back around to your very first stitch!
- Hook it! With the help of your pliers, hang the leaf by the ring on a fishhook.
- Repeat for a second earring.
Your earrings are ready! I hope you had a lot of fun making them! Do not hesitate to make more with different colors. Check out the blog for more ideas!